Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fabric Cake


I had forgotten that I meant to include these pictures with yesterday's post. Is this not the best looking cake a quilter can get? My friend Jeanette made this fabric cake for a silent aution for Quilt Congress last year. I don't think that people read the card she had included that said that the five yards of material could be dismantled and used. Not many people were bidding, so I got it at a depressing low price (well, depressing from the fund raising point of view as well as from Jeanette's). With the removal of a few strategically place pins, I could seperate the beads and fabric and go to town sewing this beaautiful material into a lovely small quilt. I could. I won't, but I could. I can't bring myself to take it apart. As it is, I feel like I've walked into a party every time I walk into my sewing room. What a cheerful way to start every sewing day. Thanks, Jeanette!

I hope all of you are having a cheerful day today, too!


1 comment:

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!