Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving! On to Christmast!

I missed posting on Thanksgiving Day. I hope all of you were too busy enjoying family time to have time to look at blogs anyway. I certainly was. And no, I did not try to get in on the special holiday sales. I'll wait until the prices are higher but the crowds are thinner. : ) I'm not fond of getting trampled!

I have been busy, though! I've been Christmas quilting almost every day. I'm still working (slowly, it's true) on binding my first Christmas quilt. Yesterday I finished my second Christmas quilt top and today I'm one sleeping Sinbad away from finishing the third Christmas top. I lack only the last border, but Sinnie has my sewing chair, and of course, I never interrupt a kitty when he/she's sleeping. ; )

In the meantime, here are some photos of my progress in the last couple of weeks. Below is my latest owl. Again with the light eyes, I know. I only have two more owls to go - now if I'll just sit down and get them done! I guess I just don't want to actually be finished with this project. It has been such fun!


Below is the border fabric I chose for my second Christmas quilt. Isn't it nice and rich looking? I love large, bold patterns.


Just like my first Christmas quilt, I included a small strip of the chosen border, then insert a smaller strip of a contrasting color and finish with my wider outer border. I think it's a fun look.


This quilt was supposed to be a lap quilt. I think I missed. : / This is the quilt laid out on a full-sized bed. It hangs off the edges. I think I overshot my mark. *Wry smile*  Again, I used 12" finished blocks, but this time I used my 2" finished blocks as sashing. Each large block is a different Christmas fabric. Can you tell I love Christmas fabrics?


Yep, a trifle larger for a lap quilt!


Below, the other side, including my How the Grinch Stole Christmas fabric. In the photo above, you will see my Land of Unwanted Toys fabric. Those were two of my favorite children's Christmas shows when I was a child. Oh, who am I kidding? They're still my favorites! Along with It's a Wonderful Life. Ah, Jimmy Stewart. *Sigh.*


Now that I'm in the mood for cinema, I think I'm going to go watch a movie with my husband. I doubt that it will include Jimmy Stewart (I suppose that would be too much to hope for), but it should be good. I rented an award winning foreign film. It's recorded in German with English subtitles. That should drive my husband crazy!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving leftovers! I'll post again when Sinbad stirs, and I can get some more done on my latest Christmas quilt top!

Until then,
Debbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!