Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Limping along...

I'm back! Again.

After spending the majority of this spring and early summer doing pattern testing for a new pattern designer, I've finally started working on a project of my own. So where are the pictures of this new project? I'll have to take some tomorrow. I'll tell you this much though, it's very large, very bright, and very applique. And it will be very pretty! When I finish it in about 20 years. : /

So what has bought on this big new project when I have so many UFOs waiting? The necessity for a long-term hand sewing project.




Yup. Surgery. Heel surgery, to be precise. I won't go into boring and gory details, but the good news is that I will be able to walk without pain again for the first time in years.

The bad news is that I will be on crutches for six weeks before graduating to a walking cast for another four weeks. After that I will be in sandals and work my way back into normal shoes. The total recovery time for this surgery is from six months to a year. Since it's my left foot in a cast, I can still sew on my machine once I get off my crutches in another five weeks. My machine is in a corner and not accessible without gymnastics that are inconceivable with crutches. Ergo, needle turn applique it is. And to keep my spirits up, I've chosen bright blues, oranges, greens, yellows, and reds on a black background. I already have part of the first block finished, so I'll have something to show you once I figure out how to get my camera back to my sewing room when I don't have hands free to carry anything. : ) You may have to settle for camera phone photos since my phone is small enough to carry in my pocket and my camera is not.

Okay pain meds kicking in again, so goodnight.

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!