Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Welcome, little Lucy!

Welcome, baby Lucy!
"What?" you ask, "No fur?!?" Nope, this one's not mine to keep. Fur is required for all of my babies, but not for my relatives.

Introducing my newest grand niece. Isn't she just gorgeous? Usually, I don't include photos of people without their permission or include names, but I won't tell you her last name or where she lives, so I don't think she'll be too identifiable. If she wasn't so gorgeous, she wouldn't even stand out in a crowd the way she does, but I guess I'll just have to take the chance that you'll see her and identify her immediately. She looks just like me, of course. (Despite the fact that we're really related on my husband's side.)

All right. Enough time gazing admiringly at the newest addition to my family. Time to talk quilts again.

Long time no see. Or at least no post. We are down to the deadlines for the Q.U.I.L.T. of NWA guild's regional quilt show next month. Last Saturday was the deadline for registering quilts for the show and the 16th is the deadline for turning in the quilts. Mom and I had all of our quilts registered and ready to go. I only needed to finish binding my owl quilt and adding its label and a rod pocket. Then Thursday night we got the news that we needed more quilts for the show. Time to pull out all the stops.

We are normally limited to two quilts per category, so I had five quilts entered in three categories. Now we can add more quilts, just not for judging. That's okay. Some of my quilts I'd like to show but not have looked at too closely! So I've added six more to the pile. Unfortunately, we still had the same Saturday deadline for the entry forms and the same March 16 deadline for turning in the quilts. Rush! I spent Thursday night tracking down quilts (thanks, Sis, for agreeing to bring some back next week!), Friday night filling out forms, Saturday morning helping convince fellow members of the Dogwood guild to enter their quilts, Sunday finishing the owl quilt binding, Monday night sewing on rod pockets, and Tuesday night sewing on rod pockets. Guess what I get to do tonight? That's right. Rod pockets. Yippee. *Sigh*

These are five of the six quilts I'm adding. I couldn't find a photo of the sixth one.


 I'll have to detach Maxie from this one before I send it, of course. AND remove the cat fur. AGAIN.
This baby quilt is for baby Lucy. I finished it in plenty of time for her arrival, but decided to enter it into the show instead of sending it immediately. Fortunately, I have a very understanding niece who agreed to let me show it and ship it immediately afterwards. Lucy's brother and sister each have a quilt. Maybe they'll share theirs until hers gets to her. 

Well, I have to go. I have a class waiting and more rod pockets to sew this evening. Along with packing for our trip. Did I mention that I'm also getting ready to leave for a few days to accompany my husband to a conference? No problem. It's not like I have anything to do...


No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!