Sunday, July 15, 2012

On the road again...

Welcome to Tyler, TX. My husband is enrolled in a series of training courses here, so I came with him. I brought most of my sewing room with me so that I wouldn't be bored sitting in the motel room while he's gone every day. ; ) I found out today that I shouldn't have bothered! Back to the back burner with my owl quilt and the binding on my black and blue quilt. Away with my Q.U.I.L.T. signature quilt blocks. It seems that the training company has outings planned for the families of the trainees.

Tomorrow I get lunch then an afternoon at the zoo. I LOVE zoos! I couldn't pass up this opportunity. Free entry and transportation.

Tuesday we go the the local planetarium and aviation museum. I'm definitely in for the planetarium. Another of my passions! I've been to some of the major aviation museums, so I may skip this little one and hit the mall beside my hotel instead.

Wednesday is the water park. Okay, I think everyone will have seen enough water buffalo at the zoo. They won't want to see me in a bathing suit. I'll pass on this excursion and visit the one and only quilt shop in the area. With 3500 bolts of fabric, they're sure to have something I just HAVE to have!

Thursday is Tyler's famous rose garden. Could they find anything closer to my heart? Okay, you're right. Cats would have been nice. Anyway, the rose garden will be followed by a visit to the children's science center for the families or the town square for us childless visitors. There are museums and antique shops around the square. I can handle this. All we have to pay for is our lunches Tuesday-Thursday and any items we wish to purchase. It doesn't get better than that! What fun. : )

What about my furry babies? Mom's caring for the furs and feathers while we're gone. Since she has proven that she knows how to open food cans, she has been readily accepted by all! In fact, Ladybug has already brought her some food options of her own - a dead rat and the head of a baby rabbit. I don't mind the rat, but I love rabbits! Alive! Oh well, Bug is a cat, and this is what cats do.

Sinbad, my love.


Callie, the patient.


Maxie, the mischievous.


Tessie, the beautiful.


Ladybug, the provider.

The dogs are too hard to get photos of standing still and the chickens are too numerous. Mom has her hands full with our loved ones. Thanks yet again, Mom.

I want to put in at least a few stitches on my binding before bed time, so I'm away. I'll let you know how tomorrow's zoo visit goes. Until then...

Debbi

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time!! Love the kitty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel. I'm actually looking forward to our stay instead of dreading days locked in a motel room. I won't get as much hand sewing done, but I'll get out of the room anyway! And aren't my babies photogenic?

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a very busy week! I am sure that the quilt store has something reserved just for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, yes, it's a far cry from the boring hotel stay I was expecting. I'll share what I find at the quilt shop. I just bought a lot of fabric, so I hope to keep myself somewhat in check tomorrow! But if they have bright fabrics, I'm a goner.

      Delete

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!