Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A ribbon...For me?

No, alas, I haven't won a ribbon at our quilt show. Instead, I spent all day Saturday with some of my favorite quilting buddies MAKING the ribbons for this year's show. Our quilt show is April 12-13 at the Benton County Fairgrounds in Bentonville, AR, and the Busy Bees have been making the ribbons for the show since 2007. This year we decided to change the style.
 
We tried to go for something simpler, but... Quite frankly, these ribbons have been a pain!
 
Here is where we left off on Saturday. Each ribbon has two circles that will be attached to the streamers and buttons of some store bought ribbons that Mom spent hours disassembling. Thanks, Mom!
 
The third place ribbons will use the white and black ribbons. The fabric is a darling sewing motif that Sager Creek donated. I'm sorry I didn't take a close up photo of the fabric. Maybe I'll get one later.

The first place ribbons will be a combination of the two blue fabrics above. These fabrics came from my stash.

The second place fabrics are a lovely, deep red and a fun, primarily green and red check - also from my stash.

So what will the final ribbons look like when they're reassembled? Taa Daa! 

These are not completely glued together yet, so I couldn't get a picture holding one, but Mom and Diane are still working on getting them all finished. I'll be driving by tonight to check out their progress. Okay, and maybe I'll volunteer to help a little bit myself.

I'm afraid this is as close as I usually get to any of these ribbons. Winning is out of the question, but I am going to enter five quilts for fun...and judging (whimper)...be kind...

Back to sewing on the rod pocket for the fourth quilt. I still need to cut down my owl quilt, bind it, label it, and sew on a rod pocket. *Sigh* I haven't even sent in my entry forms yet... I'll get right on those. Tomorrow.

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!