Yeah! Another finished top! I have finished my owl quilt top. **Beaming smile**
As you can see, it really needed the wind to blow some leaves and petals around a little since this photo shows how much the trees and owls are leaning. I think some blowing wind in the quilting will help make my leaning tree a little more believable. (If it doesn't, don't tell me!)
Mom pulled this beautiful, dark batik out of her stash and offered it to me. Very generous, since the fabric is gorgeous! Luckily for her stash, I had actually bought some of that same fabric! The photo above shows the pattern but not the actual colors. The best photo for the color is the top pic.
I decided to blow some petals and leaves off of the edge of the quilt and onto the border. I like it. Now to make a backing and get it quilted! Then on to the quilt show. (Psst...Don't tell the judge my owls are leaning. Maybe she won't notice.)
Believe it or not, I found three more UFOs this weekend. I'll have to add these to my 2013 list of To Dos. Sigh.
This quilt has been living on top of my freezer ever since Sinbad went through his "bad spell." This was a particularly favorite target of his. Now that he no longer feels like he has to constantly mark his territory, I can bring it back down and finish it. All it lacks is some machine quilting - I'm actually machine quilting this one myself! Which is why it's still not done. : / Machine quilting is not one of my favorite pastimes. Then a little binding and a label, and it'll be done.
This next quilt is a peacock quilt that I started several years ago for my aunt and uncle in California. They had just bought property that had some abandoned peafowl on it and were bemoaning the constant screaming. The peacocks' not theirs. : ) After a few months, a rescue group came and collected the homeless fowl and found them a new home. I wanted to make this peacock quilt for my aunt and uncle as a reminder of what they almost had to live with. ; )
The majority of the quilt top is this fun and colorful pattern interspersed with the occasional 14" peacock square.
For some reason, I could not get a good photo of the peacocks. They kept washing out. The color in the top picture is true, but I'm showing you this photo so you can see the design. The top is finished other than the borders. I just need to get it done and send it to be quilted.
And now there's this pile of shiny fabric. It's hard to believe, but this is my very first attempt at quilting. It's a crazy patch quilt that I have sewn together, but that still needs lots of embellishments and seam stitching. It's queen sized (what was I thinking?!?), so I'll still be working on it in the retirement home, I'm afraid.
I'll add it to my To Do list, but I can guarantee that it will not be done this year. Maybe, though, I can get a little more done on the seam stitching side if I don't get too ambitious.
I also got back the quilt for my new great-grandniece who is due next month. I need to sew on the binding and it will be ready to post to the expectant mother. I'll have to take some photos of the quilting though. Mom really outdid herself with butterflies and dragonflies. My favorites!
Let's see, after that I have three more quilts waiting on binding... So many near completions. : ) Maybe I'll have more finishes to post soon. Wish me luck!