Thursday, January 31, 2013

What to do with drunken owls...

 
Wll, I thought I had finished my owl wall hanging, but not so. When I cut it down and stood back to admire my handiwork, I found that the owls had been drinking behind my back. That's the only explanation I can think of for why every one of the owls AND the tree were leaning. Surely I didn't sew them on that way...?

 
 
 
So. What to do with a bunch of drunken owls? Disguise them, of course! I have officially named/renamed this quilt "Blowing in the Wind."
 
 I have begun incorporting blowing leaves and flower petals all over the quilt.


I will probably detach more petals and add a few more blowing petals and leaves, but I don't want to overburden the quilt. I want the owls to be the feature. Mom and I have decided that an all-over windy quilting theme with swirls of "wind" around the leaves would help as well. We'll see. I have until the beginning of March to decide if this quilt is good enough to enter into the quilt show in April.

Wish me windy luck!

Debbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!