Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I'm Back! Again...

I'm sorry for yet another long absence, but I had to deal with a suddenly cancelled textbook that I had ordered for this semester. Nothing like having to find a new textbook in less than two weeks. : (   At least you've had some lovely dresses to look at in the meantime.

Anyway, a long time ago I promised you a progress report. And I've made progress! Here's an actual finish.

This is the Black and Blue quilt made from the 7" squares that I received in our color exchanges at the Eureka Springs Guild retreats. I finished the top a little while ago, but I finally got the binding done in the car on our way to Texas for my husband's training trip this summer. Did I mention that I was sewing in the car and made myself car sick? I finished the last stitch just in time to keep from throwing up. Okay, so I won't try that again!

I've also made some progress on my owl wallhanging. I finally finished all of my flowers. Hurray! You can see my earlier, wonky flowers in the first photo. I got better - and straighter - with time. Do you think I should tear these out and try again or leave them as they are?

My completed tree with leaves and flowers. You can see that I've already started on my first complete owl at the bottom.

Callie inspecting my owl. Doesn't Callie have pretty toes?

The orange is actually the inside of the eyes and will be scalloped over the black rims underneath them. You can't see the black in these photos. There will then be black irises on top of the orange. It'll look better - and less creepy - soon, I promise!

Well, we had our bi-monthly Stash Busters meeting earlier this month. Not only did I not bust my stash very much in the last two weeks, but I had to bring a few more fabrics home with me. I just completed a complete revamp of my sewing room quilting studio to give myself more room. I'll have to show you some photos soon. It really looks great! But I need to take the photos quickly before everything goes downhill again.

These fabrics have Callie's belly flop of approval. She insisted on sleeping on the fabrics piled on the floor all night long. Go figure...

Gratuitous kitty photos of Tessie trying out the Tonga Batik quilt that we have on the bed now.
 I think she approves.

And in closing, a photo of some beautiful clouds as they appeared from our front yard last week. We didn't get any much needed rain out of them, but they were lovely to see.

I'll be back soon with some more owl quilt photos and maybe some quilt studio photos if I still have enough light. Those may have to wait until this weekend. Thanks for being patient with me during my absence. Hopefully, I have my school emergencies behind me now! : )

Until later,

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your finish!
    Your leaves look pretty good to me, I would leave them there.

    Looove the kitty!!

    Thank you for visiting my blog. I am glad you pointed out the turned block in my photo. Thank you!! I hadn't noticed! (Tried to email you, but something is not working at my end :( )


How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!