Friday, August 24, 2012

Some work done on next owl.

I've started - slowly - on my next owl.  I'm starting to have a little bit of trouble with my elbow when I sew, so I think I'm going to have to slow down my appliqueing for a while. I'm hoping to get this done in time to enter it into the Q.U.I.L.T. guild's quilt show next spring. I have eight more owls to go, including the one below that I have just started.


You can see the this little guy's plumage is going to be much quieter than his neighbor's I want them to look as different as possible. But now that I'm looking at Mr. Colorful in this photo, I'm wondering if I've made his eyes too calm and light colored. I was trying to calm him down a little, but I may have gone overboard! He's looking a little stoned. Oh dear! I guess I'll wait until I have both of his neighbors in and then see how he looks before I decide if I'm going to do any tearing out and replacing.

I haven't chosen the fabrics/colors yet for the owl on Mr. Colorful's left. I'll work on that when I get home today.

I also want to work some more on my Day and Night quilt this weekend. I have two blocks made from the class the other day. Now I'm excited to make more. If you didn't see my block earlier this week, here is a picture of it. I can't wait to get more of them sewn so that I can see how they'll look together!


Oh, and while I'm thinking of it, we had a great speaker last night at our Q.U.I.L.T. guild meeting -- Jenifer Dick, who is a modern quilter. We are an almost universally traditional group of quilters, so we rarely see modern quilts in the style she uses. It was quite refreshing to see something here that I usually only get to see on some of your blogs. : )

Well, I'm off to finish my first full week back at work with students.

Until later,
Debbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!