Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Yes, I know. Even MORE new fabric...

Yes, I know. I REALLY don't need any more fabric. But (with a whine in my voice) it was so pretty! While we were at Guthrie's Fabrics Saturday for our class, Mom and I had to stop in to the shop and look at the fabric. And pet the fabric. And buy the fabric. Following are the pieces I got. Aren't they lovely?





The fabric above is actually a lovely green. It's hard to get a good picture of it because of the fairy dust sheen.



Ahhh, there's my fabric fix. Now on to owl progress.

I gave my most recent, and most colorful, owl some more bright color with lime green as the first of four layers for his eyes. My, he's looking bright!

To calm him down a little, I added very pale green as the next layer. My photo wouldn't transfer, so I can't show you that step, but here he is with three layers. I thought a pale blue next would continue to help calm down some of the wild colors. I think it helps.

One more layer of black pupils, and this little fellow will be done. I have his neighbor all ready do go. I've chosen very sedate colors for him so that our eyes get a bit of a rest.

I'll probably finish this guy tonight and get started on one of his two neighbors. These are going much faster than I thought they would!

Until later,
Debbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!