Saturday, February 18, 2012

End of day update


Well, I made some progress today. I completed four more of my Block Of the Month blocks. And there's no problem with my camera's color - I photographed the first two on a light green cutting board and the second two on a dark green board. The latter two definitely show up better. The last photo was also on the lighter board, but was taken last month.

June BOM

 July BOM - I rather like this one.

August BOM This is a rather striking block. The light color is actually not white - it's light blue. 

September BOM I really like this block. I may use it again in another quilt.


Here are the five I already had made. Three more and I can start working on the settings and borders. From what I've heard from the others who have already finished or are currently working on theirs, the blocks are the easy part. I find that hard to believe with as complicated as some of these blocks are, but I'll find out soon enough. I will admit that the setting in the pattern photo looks quite complicated, but beautiful. Keep checking back - eventually I'll have some of it to show.

I got a message from one of my Dogwood Quilt Guild friends this week. She wants to go to next month's Shop Hop with me. I have never been on a Shop Hop, but I've always wanted to. Mom is joining us, so I think we'll have a great time. I am a little concerned, however, about my resolve to cut down on fabric purchases. I've been doing so well lately at keeping my purchases to a minimum, but I have the feeling that I'm about to fall off the wagon. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!