Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I'm feeling ambitious!

I've picked THREE projects from my To Do Quilt List to finish in February. Of course, I'm still binding the quilt that I finished in January, so I may have bitten off more than I can chew. All three projects are now finished tops since I finished my African mask applique wall hanging quilt on Sunday. I am currently planning on machine quilting that project myself. I'll stitch-in-the-ditch between the 2" squares, and I don't know yet what I'll do around the masks themselves. Any ideas? Maybe echo quilting?

I plan on asking Mom to quilt the two larger quilts on her medium-arm quilting machine. I bought several bagged battings on sale last week, so I have the materials I need for both quilts. I do need to make the backings (my least favorite aspect of quilting), but it's not like I'm lacking for fabric. If I can get all of the projects bound in the next three weeks (okay, this part is doubtful), I can feel like I've accomplished a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!