Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Update on Tonga Batik

I don't have much to show for last night's work. We took the dogs for a walk at dusk (not a good idea - dusk is when all of the "fun" critters come out to play). When I got home, Sinbad wanted to play, so I spent about 30 minutes playing with him and the girls. They have a new cat toy that they NEVER get tired of playing with. After that, I cut out 240, 1 1/2" squares and sewed them into four-patches. Thankfully, I was able to work with four strip sets, so it wasn't as bad as it sounds.

We're expecting a bad storm tonight, so I won't be able to plug in my sewing machine (we get hit by lightening too often for me to take the risk). I plan to iron all of those tiny four-patches instead. I'll probably spend the rest of the evening hand quilting around the masks on my African quilt.

Oh, good news! Mom got my heart quilt finished yesterday. It looks great! She did a wonderful job quilting little hearts all over it. I'll take some close up photos and post them later this week. I guess I could square up the quilt tonight and get it ready for binding... so many things to do!

Batten down the hatches, and I'll post again later...

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!