Monday, February 6, 2012

First UFO top finished



 As you can see, I haven't started the new Stash Busters project yet. My better judgement reigned, and I chose to finish one of my UFO tops. These are my beginner's applique squares. I don't usually (read that "ever") follow a pattern, but I decided to do so with this project. I'll have to see which magazine this pattern is in and post the name.

This is my second African art quilt. I'll post some pictures on my Quilt Time page of the first one I made. I used a very small amount of my rather extensive collection of African fabrics in the 2 1/2" squares. Mom bought a bag of African fabric scraps for me at a quilt show she attended, and I used quite a few of them as well.  I'll make the backing and then figure out what I want to do about quilting. Mom does 99% of my quilting for me since she has a long arm. Thanks, Mom!



No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!