Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter ironing

Happy Easter everyone.

I spent most of my day doing some routine cleaning and some major ironing. This, of course, leads to the very controversial topic of washing fabrics.

Yes, thanks to having been burned in the past, I wash all of my fabrics before I use them. I use the gentle, handwash setting with minimal soap and no fabric softener. I then spray the fabrics with  Magic Sizing and iron them. That means that I've been washing all week and ironing just as long. I'm down to the last 10 fabrics - all of them larger yardage pieces. I'll probably still be ironing this time next weekend!

I didn't get any sewing at all done this weekend although I can now prepare the backing for another UFO that just needs borders. Next week I hope to get the bindings ready for the black and blue quilt and the Red Sea quilt.

I've prepped a lot of my colorful new batiks, so I can start ironing on freezer paper owl parts as soon as I get the rest of these fabrics finished and put away. I'll show you picture as soon as I chose which fabrics I want for which owl.

'Til then,

Debbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!