Sunday, April 22, 2012

My tree is done!

Despite the four-day migraine, I managed to finish my tree this weekend. Yea! Now shy owl can hop out of his hole and onto a branch without fearing that the pins might give way and drop him right off of the fabric!

Anyway, I'm now trying to pick out the appropriate green fabrics for the leaves. I think I've chosen a winning combination of some of Mom's fabrics and some of mine. Mom sent home quite a few of her batiks so that I can steal borrow use any of them I want. Isn't that kind? She has had a beautiful variegated pastel batik that I think will do wonderfully for the flowers. Yep, it's mine now. ; ) Once I have some of the leaves and flowers sewn on, I can start adding some owls around them. I'm getting antsy just thinking about it. I wish I was retired!

'Til later,
Debbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!