Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My school now has a mascot!

I teach adults a technical training institute (that's a fancy way of saying vocational school). I've been here for 13 years, and we've never had a need for a mascot since we don't have a team of any sort. But, be that as it may, we decided that we need a mascot (after all, the rival college in the next town has one even though they don't have intramural teams either).

Anyway, would anyone like to guess what our mascot is? Would you like a hint?









That's right! Talk about a fortuitous choice of wall hangings! I just happened to chose an applique pattern featuring all the family members of our new mascot, Otis the owl - We give a hoot! Now I'll have to do the darn thing. I've been working on drawing out the figures on my freezer paper, but it's taking forever. The tree is in 15 pieces one piece drawn in segments on 15 pages! I have to draw out all segements then join them together to form a single piece to iron on the brown fabric. A challenge - I like it!

I guess I'll have to applique Northwest Technical Institute at the top of the quilt as well... Oh well, incentive to keep working on it.

I'll keep you posted on my progress. Back to drawing on freezer paper...

'Til later, hoot, hoot!
Debbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!