Sunday, March 25, 2012

Future projects


This year is all about finishing UFOs. I really have to finish some projects. But...

Those of you who know me, know that I usually design my own quilts. I often get inspiration from patterns in books and magazines, and I've even been know to actually follow a pattern a time or two. I LOVE patterns; I'm just not very good at following them. With that said, I bought two new patterns that I just HAVE to share with you.



I bought this pattern from Hancock's of Paducah. It's called "Multifaceted" from Cozy Quilt Designs. It was designed by Daniela Stout. Don't you just love it?!? It's a strip based pattern. I hate strip piecing. I hope I can get over that prejudice long enough to try this pattern. Really, don't you just love it?


Speaking of prejudices, I have always hated even the thought of doing applique. As those of you who have read my earlier posts know, a very dear friend of mine (Diana - the world's best appliquer that the world's never heard of), offered to teach me. I just couldn't say no. I'm now finishing the hand quilting on my first applique, an African mask wall hanging. I'm a novice. So what on Earth possessed me to buy this oh-so-complicated looking pattern? Have you seen these owls?


 Are they not the sweetest things ever? Look at those eyes! Look at those fun colors!


And look at the one in the hole! I needed some hand work to take with me to guild and club meetings, so this is what I chose. The pattern is called "Life's a Hoot!" by Bits 'n Pieces  (http://ajpadilla.com/ - angie@ajpadilla.com). I bought it off of Craftsy (my first purchase from this site, but not, I'm sure, my last!). Do any of you have this pattern? Am I going to hate myself forever for trying such a large project? Oh heck, I can't wait to start!


And since I don't have children, here's the gratuitous kitty photo... I set my computer on the floor while I went into the other room to talk to my husband for a few minutes. When I returned, Tessie had taken my seat and was staring fixedly at the computer screen. It only took one look for me to realize that she was waiting to pounce on my screen saver! It kept moving all over the screen and changing colors - obviously a new kitty toy!

'Til later folks...
Debbi

2 comments:

  1. Those owls are the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they ever? I hope I can do them justice. I want to get started within the next couple of weeks.

      Delete

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!