Saturday, March 31, 2012

Shop Hop!

Sorry I've been gone for so long, folks. My eyes are better now. The skin on and around my eyelids is peeling a little where the poison ivy rash was the worst, but I'll heal.

Anyway, I'm shop hopping this weekend! Believe it or not, I've never participated in a shop hop before. Of course, I'm buying lots of fabric. Oh dear. Where am I going to put it all? My Fabric In/Fabric Out numbers are going to be embarassing after this wekend. : /

I think I've decided to use batik for my applique owls project. Batik is easy to applique. And I need easy. Wait until I show you some pictures of the batik fat quarters I've bought for the owls themselves! They're going to be some powerfully bright owls! Depending on when I get home tomorrow, I may not be able to post, but I'll get some photos of my new purchases ASAP and get them on either tomorrow or Sunday.

I bought three yards of a red batik... Wait until you see it. It's gorgeous!

Up early tomorrow to hit the other five quilt shops. I worked this morning, so I only had time to go to the two farthest shops with my friend Jo and my mom. Guess which of us bought the most... (Hint:  I'm blushing almost as red as my new batik.)

Goodnight,
Debbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!