Thursday, March 22, 2012

Red Sea Quilt dilema

It's time to make the borders for my Red Sea quilt. I had lots of red triangles left over from my half square triangle blocks, and I didn't want to throw them away. I decided to cut some cream triangles to finish my HST blocks.

One soda pop later, I had a load of little blocks waiting to be sewn together. The plan was to sew these squares into long border strips for an interior border. Unfortunately, the darn things had a mind of their own. They just kept sewing themselves together until they made their own little quilt.

Now I have to decide how to border both quilts. I've chosen the fabrics for the Red Sea quilt, but I just can't seem to decide what I want to do with them. No wonder I have so many UFOs. I get to the borders and freeze. Shoot. : (

This is one of the books I bought last year. I had not seen it before, but it has some rather cool looking patterns in it. It's called 256 Fat Quarter Quilt Blocks, and it's published by House of White Birches.

On page 65 of the same book, I found this pattern for a placemat. It has a single heart made in a way I had never seen before. I'm not a heart person, but I love odd looking patterns, so I decided to multiply one heart into a full sized quilt.

I've posted this photo before, but I finally finished binding it today. Yippee! Oops, I still need a label. My least favorite part of quilting. It's such a downer to get a quilt finished only to discover that there's one more thing to do. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Stay tuned. There are several more patterns in this book that I intend to try out. I can't wait to finish a couple more UFOs so that I can start a new quilt. My eyes keep roaming to my stacks of fabric. Sigh. Just a few more weeks.

'Til later.
Debbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!