Saturday, June 23, 2012

Even bigger oops!

Okay, as if quilting wasn't going badly enough, now I've added another challenge to my life. Just when I finally kicked a three day migraine, I've gone and broken my nose. I finally felt headache free enough to try cleaning my house and was trying to put my husband's helmet on its shelf above my head when I dropped the helmet onto my face. I guess I shouldn't have tried a tricky maneuver when I was on the phone and had only one hand free. : (

Anyway, I've used a cold compress to keep down the swelling, but my nose and eyes are already turning an impressive purple. I wonder what my quilt guild buddies are going to think when I get up for Show and Tell Thursday night? I'm going to have some 'splainin' to do. Worse yet, I'm attending the funeral of a dear friend and colleage Monday morning. More 'splainin'.

Considering the headache I feel coming on and the pain I remember from breaking my nose as a child (long story), I'm not sure how much sewing or blogging I'm going to be doing for the next few days. If you don't hear from me, don't be surprised. Hopefully, my nose isn't actually broken, just badly bruised. At worst, it's only cracked like when I was a child. And it's on the left side of the bridge again, Mom!

I'll be back...

Debbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!