Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The birth (and early demise?) of my Farmer's Market quilt.

Okay, I hate it already. I warned you that it would look like a baby quilt. Of course, it doesn't help that it's on that baby green cutting board. I have a feeling that I'm going to scrap this start and just make this block into a baby quilt. I don't buy light fabrics very often, so I'm not sure what kind of Farmer's Market I'll end up with, but it really don't want it to look like a receiving blanket for a sumo wrestler! I have five of these blocks cut out. I may finish these and add the four alternate block and see how they look. The other colors are not as babyish. I don't know though... Hmmm...




Look! I bought myself a new sewing chair! It's the most comfortable chair on Earth, and I'm so excited to have it! I think. I have a feeling that getting it away from Sinbad is going to be a challenge. I bought two of the chairs. He spends all day sleeping in the one that is already set up (it's in the sunroom), but if I try to get near the boxed chair, he takes it over instead. I feel diversionary tactics may be called for. Kitty treats, here I come!

I have graduation tonight, so I doubt that I'll be able to get any sewing done. But the good news is that tomorrow is my last day before summer vacation, so I hope to be able to get some more sewing done later this week. Yay!

My husband and I, Okay, okay, I have plans to build a new front patio this week. My darling but unhandy husband is being bullied into helping me. We'll only be able to work for a couple of hours each morning since the heat seems to be building daily as I get closer to having time off. Amazing how that happens, huh? Anyway, we have an unused area that cannot be mowed, but needs to be kept up. I figured the easiest upkeep would be no upkeep. Hence, the patio. I bought the weed guard yesterday. Mom is getting rid of a patio she built some years ago, so she's giving me the patio stones (that's a great savings - thanks, Mom!). Now all we need is the gravel to bed the stones on. We plan to regravel the driveway at the same time, so this part should be easy. We'll just get the truck to back up and pour the gravel exactly where we need it. Or, if that doesn't look like it will work, I'll buy big bags of gravel at the landscape store and spread it myself. We'll see. Anyway, lots of work ahead! I'll show pictures as I go. See you later.

Debbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!