Friday, June 22, 2012

More Farmer's Market Progess


More frustration on my Famer's Market quilt. Once again, I trusted that the fat quarters that were suggested would work. Once again, I was wrong. Once again, I have cut (and sewn this time) fabric that I have had to set aside in the hope that I can use it elsewhere. Anyway, I have Month 1 on this Block of the Month pattern almost finished. Remember I told you that the alternate blocks would be different? Well, here's a hint.

Middle of the alternate blocks.

Flying Geese for the alternate blocks.

Rember this selection of fabrics? Well, thanks to running out of the pink farbric, I have lots of brown and pink Flying Geese (they're beautiful, too!). Unfortunately, I can't use them here. But see the blue fabric? Yep, since I cut it, I still used it for the side set triangles. I've wasted enough fabric. If I've cut it, I'm using it! With the pieces above, this combo sounds horrible, doesn't it? Don't worry. I have them done, and they actually look terrific. I don't have photos of the completed blocks yet, but I will.
My next assignment - Month 2 - is a border for this six bock center. I hope to get started on it today. Hopefully, I'll get some photos for tomorrow.

'Til later,
Debbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!