Sunday, June 24, 2012

A quilt almost as colorful as my nose!

I can smile, laugh, turn my head, talk, and bend down. Yeah! Why am I so excited? Because that means my nose isn't actually broken after all. Don't misunderstand - it still hurts quite a bit, but I can function. I'm getting colorful though . It's a good thing I look good in red and purple. What I didn't think about is my glasses. I wear reading glasses when I sew. It's a good thing they sit slightly down on my nose and not up on the bridge. I'm still going to look colorful for the funeral tomorrow, but so be it. I'm just glad it's not actually broken. I shouldn't have to go through that twice in my lifetime! ; )

Okay, update on my Farmer's Market Block of the Month Quilte
Here's the first section of the NINE sections of the third month on this Farmer's Market Block of the Month. Got that? Yeah, that's what I thought. Each "month's" assignment consists of whole sections of the quilt, not just one block.

Okay, so it's hard to figure out the colors again. I changed from my green cutting board to the purple. It didn't help.


Next is the second section of the third month's "block."


Below is the third section of the nine. I'm liking all of these sections so far.

Here is this first finished four-section. Yep, I like this part so far.


Below is the center of this nine-section. I really like it, too.

Here's a close up of my favorite polka-dot fabric. Isn't it fun? I'll be using it more later on in this quilt.

The next four-piece section will finish the third month's assignment. It will sew across the top of the center that I've already completed. Nope, I've not shown you completed center yet. I'm still concerned about it. If my explanations are confusing, you should try reading the instructions! I'm definitely going back to designing my own quilts after this!

Here's are some more African Violet pictures.



I just had to show a picture of the wonderful gift my husband gave me for my birthday last year. It's a 1984 Jaguar. He knows that I've always loved the look of a Jag. My husband has had even more fun driving it than I have! The day I took this picture, my husband had stopped by my work to say goodbye to me. He and his best friend were going to a fancy car something or other. Needless to say, he took my car but not me. That's what I get for being married to an automotive instructor!


Since it's over 100 degrees outside and as dry as dust (we're in the middle of a severe dought), I can't do much outside, so I have to stay inside and sew. Isn't that a shame? Well, the drought is, but the sewing is defintely welcome! I hope to have more photos for you tomorrow.

'Til then,
Debbi

2 comments:

  1. The post title is about your nose but I see picture of quilts and flowers. Need nose pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not going to happen. I actually tried to take a photo of myself today, but it looked like a mug shot!According to that photo I either fought back when I was arrested, or I'm trying to set up a battery charge in a divorce case. I'm afraid you'll just have to use your imagination. Think purple across the bridge and fuscia running down the left side of the nose and under the eye. Can you see me now?

      Delete

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!