Thursday, June 28, 2012

Farmer's Market cont'

First, I'd like to welcome Ginny at Fish Creek Studio (http://fishcreekstudio.blogspot.com/). Go check out her beautiful Retro Flowers quilt pattern. I love it! Welcome aboard, Ginny. By the way, Ginny pointed out to me that I'm an unintentional "No Reply" blogger. I have all my settings set up the way the Internet suggests, so I don't know what I've done wrong. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions for fixing it? I could use some advice.

Also, welcome to http://memories1303.blogspot.com/. If you want to see the cutest baby kitten pictures ever, go visit this site immediately. I'll wait... Hmm, hmmm.hmmmm, hmmm... Oh, you're back! Aren't they adorable? Did you see that little orange kitten? All together now, "Awwwwwww..."

Back to my Farmer's Market quilt -

Okay, here's a really ugly block. We can't win them all. No matter what else goes around it, this block will still be ugly. But one thing I have learned about quilting is that I am NOT going to tear it out and try to improve it.  Ugly is good. Every quilt needs a little ugly (or in this case - a LOT).


 Below is the middle section of this strip. This block will be sewn to the right of the block above. I like this block. Such pretty, soothing, non-chaotic colors.


So why does the next block still look like this? I have another 45 minutes before I have to leave for my quilt guild meeting. That's plenty of time to finish one more block. Well, you see...


I seem to have gained a furry new seat cushion on my sewing chair. Sigh. So why do I let my kitties run my life? Because, quite frankly, I'm sure they do a better job of it than I could myself. They certainly make sure I slow down and don't spend too much time at any one task. Even the fun ones.


Maybe my chair will be free again tomorrow.

Until then, happy sewing everyone!
Debbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you and what are you thinking? I'd love to hear from you!